Friday, 16 July 2010

YAYNESS!
i've just updated my NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS to the extreme latest driver dated last week (beta though) and I've noted the temps are dropping, and the fan doesnt spin as fast as it does! so, now it's extremely quieter!

Argh, I absolutely can't try it out on the games i have in my laptop while I'm still here in my office. Gian...

Seems like my old driver version of 7.11.15.7609 is dated 2008? It's the official OEM one though. Now's 2010 already and NEC obviously doesnt update their drivers (along with most other big brands). After a few hours of research and version testing, mine's now version 8.17.12.5896 dated 5th July 2010! ^^

Seems like I have to personally d/l those drivers which doesnt seem to be digitally signed by Microsoft but at least it's from NVIDIA's wbbie itself. Time to check out on my SD card reader drivers. =]

No comments: